CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Journal #6 - Inspiration 8/iMovie


I chose Inspiration 8 for my needs. I will be teaching Middle School Social Science, specializing in history. The Inspiration software is very user friendly and has many, many features that not only are cool, but help with the teaching of the subject matter. On the student's part, I believe they will also find the Inspiration software easy to use and very helpful in completing their assignments and/or projects.

I envision many uses for this software in the classroom; especially for short and long-term projects. As seen in the attachment, as a short term assignment, students will have a multimedia platform in which to present their work and demonstrate an ability to do so, while simultaneously showing their understanding of the material in question.

The Atomic Learning videos were very helpful, even for a person like me that usually figures out software on their own. The benefit was the video's capacity to same me TIME. That is what is important. How can I, as a teacher, efficiently and thoroughly prepare quality lessons that will benefit the students? Through software such as Inspiration 8. Also, the fact that Atomic videos are self tutorials allows me to utilize them when it is convenient for me. Additionally, because the creators of these videos know this, they appear to make sure that the videos are easy to understand and cover the relevant topic areas.

iMovie: I actually, in light that it is a Mac program...j/k I like Mac!, really enjoyed using the program. As usual with Apple software, it was very user friendly and I found that I did not need very much instruction in how to operate the program. I feel that the application of iMovie can be used not only in college classes and credential/graduate programs, but also in K-12 settings. It is a great way for students to either incorporate their own (appropriate) video or to use video provided to learn almost any subject matter.

0 comments: